Living a healthy and active life is at the core of our food philosophy – we’re firm believers in creating food that will nourish and energise you. We keep it simple, clean and fresh with a focus on real, quality ingredients and natural flavours without ever compromising on the great tasting Mexican food Sydney knows us for.
We also know not everyone’s the same – that’s why everything on our menu is fully customisable. Whether you’re vegan, gluten free, a high-protein gym junkie, or like it extra spicy our super-savvy nutritional calculator and meal generator will have your perfect meal sorted.
While Mexican food has its fair share of decadent and indulgent delicacies, as with anything, balance is key… after all, who can resist a bowl of crunchy nachos smothered in melted cheese every once in a while? (Hint: not us). The main point is that given the variety of customisable Mexican food at Mad Mex, choosing healthier options is a breeze.
Here are some handy tips and tweaks on ordering healthier at Mad Mex:
- Up your fibre intake by adding pinto or black beans, which are also a great source of protein as well as vitamins B1 and B6 which support a healthy nervous system.
- Forgo the meat altogether and try a vegan option.
- Can’t part with your meat? Opt for chicken rather than chorizo.
- Add a dollop of healthy fats with our fresh Guacamole. Avocados are nature’s superfood, packed with magnesium, potassium, omega-3 fatty acids, and a number of other vitamins.
- If you’re watching your energy intake (the recommended average daily intake for adults is 8,700 kilojoules), consider a quesadilla rather than nachos or the soft wrap burrito, which also offers fibre and other nutrients, and is gluten free.
There are plenty of great tasting options at Mad Mex for enjoying a healthy Mexican meal, and with a customisable menu and natural ingredients, there really is something for all diets and tastes!